To get started, follow these steps:
DigThisData manages available inventory on Shopify. You will require Warehouse Management on DigThisData to facilitate this. You can opt to fully enable warehouse management, or manage inventory for online stores only, leaving retail and licensee sales without it.
The DigThisData Shopify App requires products to be configured on DigThisData under your Direct channel. Follow this Knowledge Base article if you have not configured your products in DigThisData (skip to the Setting up Products section).
- As an Admin User on DigThisData, under your name in the main navigation, go to Account Management, and expand the Global Options tab.
- Under Warehouse Management, make sure the pull down is set to either Enabled - Full or Enabled - Online Store Only. Please be aware that enabling Full Warehouse Management impacts all sales.
If you have already configured Warehouse Management, you can skip to the next section
- Navigate to Operations → Manage Warehouses. Click the blue Add New button to create a new Warehouse. Follow the prompts and click Save.
- Under Operations → Products, edit each Direct product you would like to appear in your Shopify App and click on the large Warehouse Stock Management button on the top right. Make sure the button turns green indicating it has been successfully edited.
- Add inventory to your new warehouse, but clicking on Operations → Warehouse Inventory. Click on the Add New button and select your new warehouse and the product you'd like to add. Enter in a quantity and leave the Type as "New". Repeat for all your products.
- Next, expand you new warehouse to view all the products you've just added, and with each one, click on the "Adjust" icon. Select a quantity from what is available, and under Type, select Allocate for D2C Online Sales. Repeat for all the products you want in your Shopify Store.
Additional warehouses can be added by repeating steps 1 through 4.
- As an Admin User on DigThisData, under your name in the main navigation, go to Account Management, and expand the 3rd Party / API Integrations tab.
- Under Shopify Installation Token, click the "GENERATE NEW" link.
- Keeping the DigThisData window open, create a new browser tab and navigate to the Shopify DigThisData App.
- If not already, click on the Login button in the top right to authenticate your account with Shopify.
- Click the "Add App" button to add the DigThisData App to your Shopify Store.
- Once the app is installed, you be prompted to enter your Master Account Key and your Shopify Installation Token into the provided fields.
- Click the "Submit" button and upon success, your Shopify Store is will be connected to your DigThisData Account.
- On the left navigation column at the bottom, select the Settings button, and then select the Locations option from the list of Settings.
- At the top right of the page, click the blue Add Location button
- Open your DigThisData account. In the navigation bar, select Operations, then Manage Warehouses
- Copy and paste the entire DigThisData Warehouse code and name as the Location name on your Shopify Location. Replace the space after the warehouse code with the pipe ("|") symbol. (Press Shift + 'Backslash'). Your Shopify Location name should look like "Code|Warehouse Label Name". This step is crucial for our app to find your warehouse.
- Fill out the rest of the form details, including your warehouse location address, and ensure the checkbox "Fulfill online orders from this location" is checked to allow you to Post orders from this warehouse.
- Once the form is filled, click the blue Save button at the bottom right. Once saved, click the grey "< Locations" at the top left of the page to return back to all locations
- Repeat steps 2 to 6 for all remaining warehouse locations, ensuring names are entered in the format "Code|Warehouse Label Name".
Import Product From DTD into Shopify
- Ensure you have added all the products you would like to import from DigThisData by placing products in your D2C Warehouse on DigThisData.
- From our Dashboard page, click the Import Products button. This will trigger an import from DigThisData, importing all products from your D2C Warehouse.
Depending on the number of products in D2C Warehouse, the time to import products will vary, please be patient as it can take up to 45 seconds.
- You will be redirected to a products page, where you can view all the products that were imported and added to your Shopify Merchant Products list, as well as any products that failed to import.
- In the left navigation column, click the Products button which will show you all the products in your store.
- Click on a Product added from DigThisData. Fill out remaining missing information in the product information page, uploading product images, etc.
- At the top right of the page, under Product availability, click the blue Manage button. Toggle on the Online Store checkbox, which will enable the product to be available on your Store Products Page and seen by customers. Click the blue Done button
- When content with the product information, click the blue Save button at either to top right or bottom right of the screen to save your product.
- Click the Products button at the top left of the page to return back to your all products page.
- Repeat Steps 5-9 for all remaining products imported by DigThisData.
- You can view how products look to customers by clicking the Eye logo button in the left navigation bar under Sales Channels, to the right of Online Store, and then preview your store and catalogue to see your products.